Christmas!

Christmas morning is a special time all across our nation.  It's always been a special time for me.  But last night - Christmas Eve - as I was rocking Joshua to sleep a Christmas never became as special as this one.

I've celebrated Christmas as a son, brother, grandson, nephew, God-father, uncle, cousin, and husband.  But I've never woke up on  Christmas Day as a father. . .until now. . .no, right now. . .really. . .I just woke up! Last night it really hit me - because of God's miraculous gift that I was holding, I would wake up this morning for the first time and celebrate Christmas as a dad. 

All at once a swell of emotion overwhelmed me.  Here was our miracle, lying in my arms.  Innocent.  Dependent. Loving. In his Christmas pajamas.  And I get to share Christmas with him.  I never thought I would get to share this day with him.   Yet, here it is.  All I could do was praise The Lord and thank Him for this opportunity.

Now the good thing is that I didn't stay up late putting toys together.  Toddler toys are already assembled - unlike everything else you buy for them; and, yes, I know it only gets worse.  

But, today I get to enjoy it as a father for the first time.  It's difficult for me to comprehend it.  I almost want to go wake Joshua up so we can unrwap gifts together.  But for now I will let he and Cindy sleep and I will bask the blessings of the Father.

Merry Christmas,
Mike

Comments

Rikaman said…
Good blog Mike. I would imagine that the joy of being a father has yet to escape you. Cherishing His amazing creation!
Rikaman said…
Oh I forgot...GO DUCKS!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals