What a Weekend!

It's Monday afternoon and I'm about wasted! This weekend was a blur of activity.

Saturday found us spending time with our friend, Rachel, and her family as they remembered her grandfather, Dr. W.C. Dobbs. He was a professor of theology, philosophy, and religion at the University of Mobile for 19 years. He was an acknowledged scholar, statesman, communicator of the gospel, lover of sports, family, friends, his wife, and most of all, His Lord. I know Rachel and her family will dearly miss him.

Afterwards, we gathered with some more friends - Alice, Christi, Daniel, & Griff. We boxed up and moved most of her condo up to my house. The guys helped me move the big stuff. Props to Cindy for manning up and grabbing one end of the couch and helping me getting it out of her condo and into our house. Way to go sweetie!!

Spent Saturday night re-arranging furniture, getting stuff set up, boxing up stuff, making a Good-Will pile and all the stuff you do when you move furniture into a house.

On Sunday I gathered with some men of our church, as we do each week, to pray with our pastor. Then we attended our small group and I taught another. Soon after lunch I grabbed up another load of stuff and headed back to the house. Continued to put stuff up and do laundry. MAN! There's a lot more laundry when there's two of you.

We headed back to church, then spent some time with some great friends - Mark, Heather, and Ricky before calling it a night.

This morning's conversation between Cindy and me:

C: What's wrong with you?

M: My body won't catch up with my mind! It's like my body won't wake up and it's telling my mind to go back to bed.

Then it was quiet time, meeting, and running errands.

Anyway. . .I'm back at the house and I'm whooped! Ever have a Monday like that?


Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals