Posting v. Yard Work

I didn't post anything yesterday because I was working in the yard all day. It was one of those things that has needed to be done for some time now, but I have been putting it off for so long. SO, I woke up yesterday and committed myself, my time, and my energy to getting the yard back in shape. By the time I finished I was in no shape to post anything. Why? Great question. Let me explain.
  1. First, and foremost, I HATE yard work. Actually, I don't hate working in the yard I just hate getting started. I usually find working in the yard rewarding. If you're like me and need instant reward/gratification, then yard work is the way to go. When you're finished you can see the results of your work. It's the getting started that's so hard for me. So, I plugged in my iPod - yesterday started with John Mayer's Continuum. Jumped on the mower and piled up leaves in the front and back yard. Got the front yard done. Still need to finish the back yard.
  2. It took all stinkin day! Began at 10:00 am and finished at 4:00 pm. I know you're wondering why I couldn't post before the crack of 10:00? I slept in a bit, took care of the animals, and had some time with God before I got dressed and got busy. Take it up with God.
  3. I was worn out! I think I had 14 bags of leaves and yard stuff by the time I finished. Rakin', baggin', bendin' over, walkin', climbing on and off the mower, playing with the dogs - Hey!! It takes a toll on a body as old as mine. OK!?
  4. Head was full of junk. Junk, as in dust, grass, mulched leaves, debris - you name it, it somehow ended up in my head. Therefore, I wasn't at my best. Now, that would be a good question, "Hey Mike, what IS your best?" That's another post.
Well, there you have it. Four reasons why I didn't post yesterday. It was a productive day. It was a good day. Hope your's was as good.

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
So if all this lawn debris ended up in your head, where was your brain? (Very possibly it had taken a holiday since you were doing yard-work, are you crazy man?!?)

Sorry, couldn't resist!
-TracerX
MikeS said…
Tracerx - mmmmm. . .brains? What brains? I think what little I have left must have been killed taking the strong antibiotics during my last sinus infection. Because, if I had any brains at all I would have hired someone to do it, eh?

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals