Great Ride

Today, for the first time in almost a year, I rode my bike. Not my Harley, my Specialized Allez Comp with Ultegra Groupo. It felt great to get out on the road and just pedal. I remember my last meaningful ride. It was the week my wife, Karen, passed away. I wasn't going to go ride, but she insisted I change clothes and head out the door. What a woman, eh?!

I missed riding my bike. I didn't think there were roads around my house conducive to riding. And a lot of riders around here think it's hot. HOT!! They've never ridden in east Texas, that's for sure! The weather was great here. Yeah, it's a little warm, but the breeze felt great. So they ride early in the mornings while yours truly is still catching some zzzzzzzz.

By the time I put in 20 miles my arms were sore, my hands ached, my butt was vibrating - last part of the ride was on rough roads - my legs had that great aching feeling you get when you push it just enough, and I felt that euphoria of completing another ride I haven't experienced in so long.

I'm not ready to shave my legs yet. If I ride more consistantly, that won't be far behind. I did shave my legs in 2004 when I rode the Hotter-n-Hell 100 (100 miles in Wichita Falls, Texas in August). Being part Cherokee Indian I don't have a lot of hair anyway, but shaving them kept me focused on training for the Hotter-n-Hell.

Anyway. . .I'm not ready to invest in razors, I'm just ready to get back on the bike.

Soooooo. . .I'm looking forward to my next ride. I've even parked my bike in my office at the house so nothing will happen to it 'till then.

See ya on the road,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals