Waiting

Waiting…one of the hardest things for me to do.  In fact, I despise waiting! Yet, Christ-followers are called to wait upon the Lord.  Wait for His plans. Wait for His timing. Wait. Wait. Wait.

It probably bothers me so much, because I'm  a control freak and so task oriented.  There!  I said it!!  My mantra is taken from Larry the Cable Guy, "Get 'er done!"  Make a plan, work the plan.  That's me.

Waiting requires me to trust…trust God. It forces me to trust in the Lord's promises, plans, timing, etc., not in my abilities or timing, or plans.  I get tired of waiting.  It wears me out and frustrates me! Can I get a witness!!!! Ok, maybe it's just me.

Waiting in the Lord, on the other hand, strengthens me.  It puts me under His authority and power.  It places my future into His hands.  It transforms worry into joy and chaos into peace (Phil 4:4-7).

This morning I am reminded that Jesus modeled waiting.  He trusted God.  He put His own life into the the hands of His Father.  He waited on God's timing and the fulfillment of God's plans.

I had to confess to the Lord that I don't wait well…really, not at all.  And in my inability to wait upon Him I placed my plans, my timing, my will over His.  Honestly, I think this is a struggle for many who follow Christ.  Maybe you're one of them.


Wait Well…

Mike


Thoughts for this post were influenced by Gene Wilkes and his book, Jesus on Leadership.  Check in out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals