Peace

This morning I was in my office with Chris Tomlin's You're a Good, Good Father playing in the background and my Bible open to Romans 1:18-20.  And I sat there…just sat there.  It was okay.  I was not hurried or feeling the need to rush into anything.  I was just soaking it in.  There was a great peace in that moment.  Honestly, I wished these moments came more often.

As I reflect on my time with the Father, I wonder if that's not what our time with Him is supposed to be like?  Peaceful, even in the midst of life, especially our hurried life.

What was playing and what I was reading really wasn't the focus.  That's just what I happen to be listening to and reading at the moment.  Then again, maybe they do have an impact.  I don't know.

Your thoughts?


Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite Cereals

Camp is Good!

Question for You