Discombobulated Days


Ever wake up and feel like your ready for the day?  Your organized, got your "To Do" list ready, and begin marching through the day like Derrick Henry running through Auburn's defense.  I'm like that on occasion…on occasion.  Today is not one of those days.  I am so discombobulated.

Woke up late and felt like I've been trying to catch up ever since.  The good thing is that I have routines.  Yes, routines.  I have them because of my A.D.D.  If I don't then I'm all over the place and nothing gets done.

When I wake up I have a routine.  Even if I'm running late I do my best to stick to the routine.  When I get to the office I have a routine…it's printed and taped above my computer so I will see it when I get there. It is purposely very specific.  Since posting it I have become so familiar with the steps that I can get through it without looking at it.  But it's still there, just in case.

This morning I'm working the routine, but my thoughts are all over the board.  Things I need to do keep coming to mind:
  • people I need to talk to
  • tasks that need to be added to my list
  • tasks that have to be done
  • phone calls to make
  • emails to return or send
  • lessons to write (three this week)
  • meetings that I am a part of
See what I mean?!  Holy Moly!!  Now try to keep that straight in my head?  Go ahead, I dare ya!  Never mind, I don't wish that upon anyone.  That's one scary place, y'all.

But that's where my routine kicks in and helps me put my mind to rest, focus, and be productive.

What do you do when things begin to get off track?  How do you re-focus?

Squirrel!!

Mike


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals