"Come to me…"

Mr Chambers has done it once again.  His thoughts on a very particular portion of Matthew 11:28 started me thinking…and now you're thinking, "What the Holy Moly?!" I know…right?

Jesus says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  What an incredible invitation!  Jesus, in all His glory & power simply implores us to "Come to me…"  And this is where I begin thinking and processing this beautiful and powerful invitation.

So what keeps me from coming to Jesus?  What does it take to come to Jesus?

It's not like I can use Jesus as a matter of convenience.  Coming to Jesus is anything but a matter of convenience.  No, it's not about my convenience.  In the end, coming to Jesus is a matter of subduing my pride.  It's about a matter of the heart & mind.  It's literally coming to the end of myself and the beginning of Jesus.

It's when we come to Him with a humble and submitted heart, with our pride in check and personal preferences left at the door, that we have the benefit of experiencing the rest Jesus offers.  That's the place we discover the peace, joy, and calmness in the middle of life's chaos.  And I don't know about you, but life with a 2 year old is full of chaos.  Yep, that's my life right now.  He's figuring life out.  Cindy & I are figuring life out.  And there so many days that chaos reigns supreme.

And don't we all feel a little beat up every now and then?  Aren't there mornings you just want to pull the covers over your head and hope the world goes away?  Or days when you feel like you have to jump into your car or truck, head out on a country road and crank up some tunes from your youth?!  Ok, so maybe it's just me.

So whether it's that co-worker that drives you crazy, raising teenagers, or just life in general, Jesus promises us rest…His rest.  But only when we humbly accept His invitation to "Come to me…"

Won't you accept this child-like invitation today…right now?  Won't you let go of the reigns of your life and allow Jesus to take control?  There is incredible rest and peace and joy waiting for you.

What's that?  Couldn't hear you…let me turn down the radio.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals