Talking or Listening

This morning I was putting Joshua down for his morning nap.  He was having a hard time getting to sleep so I turned on a CD he got when he was born called Baby's First Hymns: Instrumental Lullabies.  One of the hymns on it is In the Garden.

As I was rocking Joshua this hymn started playing and I found myself singing the chorus. The chorus begins, "And He walks with me, and He talks with me." And, as usual, I started thinking about those words.

I wondered to myself if Jesus was actually walking around with me would He be talking or me?  In other words, if He and I were having a cup of coffee or riding around in my truck would I be talking or Jesus?  I know some of you are already laughing and thinking there's no way Mike's listening.  And to be honest, you may be right.  I would hope I would be the listener, but there's no guarantee.

What about you?  If Jesus was sitting across the table from you, would you be listening or talking?  Be honest!

I think most of us would like to think Jesus would be talking and we would be listening.  So what about when you're praying?  Or reading the Bible?  Or your quiet time?  Are you a talker or a listener? And what would be the difference between thinking Jesus is hanging out with you at Starbucks, in your living room, or at the office and the fact that He says He is actually walking and talking with you every minute of every day?

Thoughts?

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals