Me, GOD, and a Cup of Coffee

Have you ever just sat and talked with GOD?  Not to Him, but with Him?  Think about what I'm saying.  I'm not talking about your laundry list of needs and desires.  I'm speaking to the interaction between GOD and you.  I'm referring to the give and take. . .the speaking and listening. . .the honesty of dialogue between GOD and you.

That's what I'm doing this morning.  It's just GOD, me, and a cup of coffee and we're hanging out this morning.  Usually, I have my Bible, journal, music, etc.  But not this morning. . .at least not now.  It's just GOD and me.  OK, I do have some music playing - Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord).  No pen.  No paper.  No Bible.  No commentaries or devotionals.  Just GOD and me.  Just His heart and mine.  Just talking and listening.

Sometimes, I get so wrapped up in style, or words, or phrases, or worrying about whether I am saying it correctly or not, that I miss just being in GOD's presence.  I miss letting Him love me, nurture me, correct me, or filling me.  Not this morning.  This morning I just want to sit in His presence and be with Him.  If there's tears. . .there's tears.  If there's laughter. . .there's laughter.  If there's encouragement or challenge. . .then so be it.

Maybe, you need some down time with GOD.  Psalm 46:10 says, Be still and know that I am God.  Maybe, that's exactly what you need today or tomorrow.  Honestly, I don't plan these times, they tend to just happen. . .like today.

Blessings,
Mike

Comments

Kevin said…
Good words Mike and good food for thought. I have been doing this for many years now worth God, and it has been some of the best times in my life. Thanks for sharing.

Kevin House

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals