A Letter of Apology

Dear Jesus,

Today is the day we remember YOUR crucifixion.  Today is the day YOU paid the penalty of my sin.  The day YOU became the perfect, spotless, blameless sacrifice.  It's the day YOU took on my sin - and all the pain associated with it.

I'm deeply sorry, Jesus, that you had to give up your divine rights & privileges to come to earth to endure my lack of obedience and faith, and walk through the torture and horrendous death on my behalf.  I am sorry that my sin sent you to the cross.  I'm eternally thankful, but profoundly regretful.

I don't deserve it.  It wasn't fair.  It wasn't justified.  You, Jesus, are an innocent man, unjustly charged and persecuted.  Because of your actions I am made right before/with God.  I am humbled.  I am convicted.  I am broken.

Thank you, Father, for loving me. . .in spite of me.  Thank you, Lord, that you took  the necessary steps to have a relationship with me.  Thank you, Jesus, for your willingness to take on my sin. . .to redeem me. . . .to give me value and an opportunity to have an eternal relationship with the Father.  Thank you for coming to serve and giving your life as a ransom. . .for a sinner such as me.  Thank you  for your obedience. . .may it serve as a model for my obedience.

May you be blessed all the days of my life.  May your name be blessed in my heart, words, and actions.  May your name be lifted up and honored above all.  May you never feel like all that you went through was for nothing.

Again, I apologize.

Lovingly,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals