Life Lived a Little Simpler

In case you've been checking in and wondering if I was going to ever write again, I want to assure you that I will. . .am. . .whatever.  I've taken some time off because God was calling me to simplify me life and to focus on a few things rather than spreading myself too thin. I have a bad habit of doing too much at one time.

I also found my quiet times and journaling taking place in the shadow of my blog.  In other words, my blog - what I thought & wrote - was influencing my times with God, rather than the other way around.  That ain't good.

My writing style had also changed a bit.  It was more serious - not that I wasn't serious in the past.  It began having a sharper tone to it.  And that's not my style.  Facing this realization also led me to stop for a while.  I began writing because of the stuff life is made of and how it impacts us or we impact it.  Sometimes it WAS humorous.  Other times. . .well, let's just say it was painful.

I also discovered that I wasn't really writing unless I felt it was something "profound."  Like that happens very often to me.  Who am I kidding.? Doesn't mean I don't discover things that may impact others, but that's God's job, not mine.  My job is to simply share them with others.

So, I'm thinking of writing once again.  This time, hopefully, it will be like I used to and for the reasons I began in the first place. . .sharing life, my life, with you; the good, the bad, and the ugly. . .and every once in a while a little quirky. 


Blessings,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals