Classical. . .Why of Course!

I often listen to music while I'm reading or studying or spending time with God. While some people need absolute silence (i.e., any noise becomes a distraction), I find it blocks out distractions. This morning, for some reason I clicked on and listened to the Classical station on iTunes.

I found I liked classical music when I was in school. While it helped me focus, it also didn't have any words. And yes, I have discovered more than one line to a song in a paper I was typing. Great lines. . .but not good in a paper on Eschatology or History of the Middle East Since 1500.

Don't know a lot about classical music. Unlike Cindy, I can't recognize composers or arrangements. But I love the rhythms, the flow of the notes, the tension between the instruments, and how they all come together to create a beautiful melody.

So, this morning I stepped back into an old habit and enjoyed my time with Classical music.

Do you have a type of music that draws you in. . .relaxes you. . .or helps you focus?

Now where's my baton. . .I'm also a great air-director!
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals