Thoughts on a Saturday Morning

Here's just a few random thoughts for this rainy morning:

  1. Great thought about Sacrifice by my friend, Grant - check it out here. And if you don't follow Grant on Twitter or his blog, your loss.
  2. Texas Longhorns - mental mistakes have killed them all season, now they're biting them in the butt. . .AGAIN! Think Mack needs to get after them at half-time.
  3. Great morning to process some thoughts that have been rummaging through my mind. I think I'm making progress. Then again, how would you describe progress?
  4. Teaching on Hannah tonight in our ABF - she's a worshiper, no matter the circumstance! Do you find yourself worshiping God more when things are going well or when you're desperate?
  5. Been going through Robert Lewis' The Quest for Authentic Manhood with about 23 guys on Wednesday mornings - last week we touched on the Four Faces of a Man: King, Warrior, Lover, Friend. There are extremes to each of these. I tend to find myself to the right of the King and the Warrior which makes me a tyrant and a destroyer. OOOoooooo. . .that's not good unless you're out to win The Apprentice. . .and I'm not.
  6. Men's Fraternity - this week we talked about how our past influences who we are today. Hey men, what does that say about you? Your past isn't necessarily good or bad, it's what you do with it that makes a difference. It's worth looking into. . .just saying.
  7. Cindy's with some of our high school girls and leaders on a retreat this weekend. Can't wait to hear what and how God spoke into her life.
  8. I think I love being alone with my thoughts too much. Not only is it dangerous - just ask my staff - but what does that say about me? Then, again, it could be that I'm just recharging the ol' batteries to get ready for another week. Hhhmmmm. . .now there's a thought.
  9. Texas Rangers - way to go guys! That's how you finish strong!! I've not always supported you guys - too many stumbles after the All Star break in the past. But, I will admit, I'm on the wagon and behind you guys. Go take the championship!
  10. Wondering of today's rainy day is the kickoff to 8 more months of this stuff? I know there's three storms in the Pacific waiting to take their turn at the northwest, but what happens after that? Wait and see, eh.
OK, that's 10 completely random thoughts. I don't even think any of them are connected to another. Just stuff bouncing around the warehouse I call a brain.

Enjoy,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals