Preferences

I was getting coffee this morning when I realized that I moved one coffee cup to get another. And I asked myself, Why did you do that? Without thinking I responded, Well . . . didn't really want to drink from a cup with flowers on it. I'm a man, you know!

I have three basic cups that I prefer to drink coffee from. It's either one of our plain white ones - kinda like you get at the local diner where breakfast is cheap, good, and greasy. Or it could be one of my Starbucks cups - they have all been gifts and they're a little bigger so I don't have to refill as often. Then there's my Harley Davidson cup - nuff said.

It's not for a lack of cups. We've got more coffee cups that two people will ever use. . .they're nice to have when we have company. Keeps them from drinking coffee from a glass or travel mug - that's a topic for another post. We have a collection of cups with Goofy on them, and yes, they are Cindy's. We got some that others have given as gifts, and some that we've collected over time.

Then I was thinking about the whole preference thing and I got to wondering about other things I prefer. Here' a few things:
  • Hanes crew neck t-shirts - not because Michael Jordan wears them, but we are twins you know. I like how they fit and how they are made.
  • Crashing in front of the TV when I get home after work
  • Starbucks bold (or extra bold) - Gold Coast, Italian Roast, Sumatra, Cafe Verona, etc.
  • Espresso - just skip the bold coffee and go straight to espresso
  • Harley Davidson Motorcycles - the sound, the ride, Fat Boy, Heritage Classic, Electra Glide
  • UT Longhorns - gotta love the burnt orange - football, basketball, and baseball
  • Mountains - my place to get away, relax, and hang out
  • Movies about sports - Remember the Titans, Rudy, Glory Road, Coach, We are Marshall, Hoosiers
  • Movies about action - Bourne Trilogy, Bond series - especially the new ones I could , and have, watch them over and over again
  • Riding my road bike - before it was stolen I could ride for hours, loved being out and moving
  • Sweatshirts - they're handy in the NW,
  • Camping - love hanging out in the wilderness, especially with Cindy
  • T-Shirts that don't have a lot of writing or graphics on them - just like 'em plain and simple - AND NO POCKETS
  • Ropers & Wranglers - miss wearing my boots and jeans sometimes, still have several pair of boots I've worn over the years
  • Solitude - time to think, read, write, and be alone with my thoughts . . .that's scary company
I'm sure there's a few a left out. That's OK.

What are some things you prefer?

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals