Favorite Cereals

As I was scarfing down a bowl of Total I was thinking about my favorite cereals. Cereal has always been a part of our family - it didn't matter whether it was grabbing a bowl before school and sitting with my Grandpa as he at a bowl of Raisin Bran after church on Sunday nights.

Growing up I had my faves. I would still eat them, but me and a lot of sugar in the morning is no bueno. As many of you can attest, it's not like I need more sugar! So I also have favorites now. Here's my list of favorite cereals:

Then
  1. Cap'n Crunch - the original and all-time favorite, and breakfast with the Cap'n - how do you beat that?
  2. Frosted Flakes - don't get soggy in milk
  3. Peanut Butter Crunch - Cap'n Crunch and peanut butter, what's not to like?
  4. Wheat Chex - add a banana, mmmm. . .mmmmm. . .good!

Now
  1. Total - good for you and doesn't get soggy too quickly
  2. Kellogg's Low Fat Granola without Raisins - good all around cereal
  3. Wheat Chex - still like me a bowl of Wheat Chex every now and then.

That's my favorites, how about yours. What are your favorite cereals - either growing up or now or both?


Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
Then - Captin Crunch - I didnt discover this till I was older and moved out.(wow its good)
Now - Red Berries Special K - love it for desert late at night.
Anonymous said…
Then - Captin Crunch - I didnt discover this till I was older and moved out.(wow its good)
Now - Red Berries Special K - love it for desert late at night.
Cindy said…
then - lucky charms, now - special k (red berries) I like it for a snack too!
Anonymous said…
Dan likes foot loops, frosted flakes and cheerios with lots of bananas
MikeS said…
Cindy - Luck Charms, huh? You and more sugar? Hmmmm. . .Stick with the Special K (red berries). And they do make a great snack - especially with vanilla yogurt just before bed, huh? ;)

Dan - figured on the fruit loops and cheerios. Didn't count on the Frosted Flakes
Anonymous said…
When Mom was growing up it was Puffed Wheat
Now it is Cherrios - Wheat Chex and Shredded Wheat...No Sugar of any kind....

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You