Distracted this Morning

Got up early this morning. Maybe I should say earlier this morning. Normally I'm up around 6:00 in the morning. I like to get up, grab a cup of joe, go to my office and spend time with God. Lately, I've been getting up a little later than normal. But this morning the alarm went off on the ol' crackberry and I got up - 6:15-ish.

One thing that I know about myself is that if I have time I will find something to fill it with - usually with stuff that distracts me from getting done what I already have planned. Know what I mean? This morning was no different. I was reading Psalm 116 and listening to the Chris Tomlin channel on Pandora. All is good. Then I remembered a blog I wanted to start following - Stuff Christians Like by John Acuf. So I searched it out and subscribed to it. Then I remembered my friend, Gene's, blog and had this cool Facebook badge I thought about adding to my blog. Then I played around with the size thingy of the badge - wanted to see what it would look like if I adjusted the size of the badge. Yep, I'm geeky like that.

OK, I have to ask, Am I the only one who's like that? I can't be, but maybe so. And if you've ever been in a meeting with me and I've done this to you. . .and yes, that would include my sweet wife, Cindy, I apologize, profusely! I know my distraction must be a distraction to you.

And, oh by the way, there sits Psalm 116 waiting for my attention. There's God waiting to meet with me. I'm sure He probably did the clearing the throat thing a couple of times, but I was too distracted by the unimportant to hear Him.

Maybe all's not lost this morning. I can either, get up later which forces me to focus on the important or I can realize that I've got to make changes to what's going on when I meet with God. Hmmmm. . . . sleeping longer sounds good, eh?

Got to get back to the King of Kings, thinking I hear that throat clearing thing again. . .

What's that you were saying, God?
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals