New Look & New Passion

As you may have noticed, I've changed the look of the ol' Soakin' Up Life blog. . .again. There's a couple of reasons for that.
  1. I haven't really felt like writing like I have in the past. The passion and the thoughts and the energy to put stuff down just wasn't there. Now I do and now it is. I have a renewed desire to share via the blog.
  2. If I am going to re-re-start writing again and I wanted to start fresh with a new look.
I am going to be tweaking some things on the page as I go. So don't wig out if something looks out of place or doesn't fit. Right now my pics are wider than the main page. Don't know why, yet, but we'll get to it.

I chose this look because I love the mountains. I love getting to the mountains. It's a place of refreshment, renewal, and re-creation for me. I also love the variety of experiences the mountains provide - from skiing, to hiking, to camping, to fishing, to biking, to . . .well, you get the picture. The mountains are also a place of challenge. There are times when I'm skiing down a mountain or walking down a trail and life seems so peaceful. But there are also times when the mountain challenges me. It forces me to push myself or to think outside the box.

But the mountains also provide me a place of solitude where I can focus on God and allow Him to speak into my life. Ever since I've been in leadership I've been challenged to find a place to get away to; a place where I can spend time with the Lord - to speak to Him and to hear from Him. That place for me is the mountains.

Where's that place for you? Where do you go to hear from and focus on God? Maybe it's simply your kitchen table or a local coffee shop. Maybe it's in your car as you drive. It could be in bed at night as the day winds down. If you don't have a place I would encourage to do discover one. Find a place where you can slow down long enough to catch your breath and focus your heart and mind on the Lord.

Wondering along in life,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals