Same Song, Fourth Verse

Mornings for me this week haven't gone as well as I would want. I'm sleeping good. That's not the problem, it's been the waking up and getting going. And this morning isn't any different than previous mornings this week. Because of my hypothyroidism, I'm having trouble getting up and going in the mornings. . .or at least that's what I'm blaming it on.

Throughout the day I have short bursts of energy after which I feel like going back to bed. Last week at our church-wide family camp out Cindy, me, and some friends hiked to the beach (it was only about a 1/2 mile trek). Afterward, when we sat down to eat lunch I didn't have the energy to hold my sandwich to eat it.

Can't tell you how frustrating it is for me. I'm the guy who used to stay up until mid-night or 1:00 am reading and working or getting up at 4:00 am to work all day and catch dinner and a movie with some friends. I just can't do it anymore. At least until the meds kick in. . .and they haven't.

Poor Cindy, she gets the worn out, no energy left Mike at the end of the day. While she's ready to go and do with her hubby, her hubby just wants to crash. . .well, better yet recoup from crashing.

So this morning didn't start out any different. Couldn't get out of bed when the alarm went off. Don't have the energy to focus and get moving. But another day awaits. And it will go on with or without me. Got to meet the fire sprinkler guy to test the sprinkler system at the church, then it's off to lunch with Bryce, and this afternoon another meeting with Ron & Kathleen. Actually, I'm really looking forward to hanging out with Bryce and Ron & Kathleen. That's going to be fun!

Lord, may the Joy of the Lord be my strength today!
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
Son, ..I am praying you see and feel the effectives of the medication soon with engery levels up..weight loss...and just over all feeling better....because I know your flustration...Hang in and enjoy every brust of engery..
I love you
mom

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals