Oasis

Cindy and I are attending Oasis, a conference/retreat for church staff and their spouses in Seaside, OR. Seaside is on the northern Oregon coast.

This morning I went for a run on the beach. I love running on the beach. There's something about running on the sand with the waves crashing and lapping up the shoreline that I find tranquil. Besides that the sand is great on my aging and abused knees.

As I was running I was thinking about the concept of oasis - a place where one finds refreshment in the midst of a desert. I began thinking about MY oasis. It finally hit me that I have two places of refreshment:

  1. Running - when I run it's just me...and my watch and my surroundings. It's what charges me up. Always has, always will.
  2. Quiet Time - I love getting up early in the morning and sitting with God. Sometimes I read, sometimes I write, and sometime I just sit and listen.

What's your oasis?
Mike

Comments

Stace said…
My oasis is a quiet walk thru the countryside or forest without a cell phone attached to my hip and miles of acres in front of me. It is here that I can cry...laugh...or just simply sing a song that shouts the GLORY of our God! You know... the wilderness is not all bad...sometimes it is refreshing! Thank you God for a refreshing landscape carved out by your hands!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals