Joseph and Greatness

I was reading Genesis 37 & 39 this morning when it hit me that Joseph's journey to greatness wasn't a straight line. There were dips along the road. There were trials he had to encounter. . .
  • being sold into slavery by his own brothers,
  • accused of sexual harassment by his boss' wife
  • thrown into prison
As all of this was happening he remained obedient and faithful to God. And if you track his progress it seems that each dip in the road was worse than the last. Yet, each dip moved him closer to God's plan to save his family and the nation of Israel. Each trial he endured moved him closer to a place of eternal influence. (I have a graphic I made, but it doesn't show up very well on my blog. I'll have to re-do it and post it later.)

I was thinking through all of it this morning and I came to a would you rather question. It is a question I believe God is asking me. So here it is for you to ponder. . .
Would you rather experience the dips and trials like Joseph to become great for God, or skip all that stuff and settle for being ordinary for God?



I was just thinking,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals