I've Got to Get Some New Neighbors

If I'm going to be able to sleep through the night, then I'm going to have to get some new neighbors!! We live a couple blocks east of downtown Gresham and a block from a rail stop and bus transfer stations. So, yeah, there's some noise, but nothing like what my neighbors are causing.

Every once in a while I'm JERKED out of a dead sleep by our cat, Dot (No, Dot is not short for Department of Transportation). She's part Siamese and when she gets riled she SCREAMS. . .like a wild freakin' banshee!! At least one night a week for the last couple of weeks I've stumbled down the steps to find out what in the stink is she upset about?

One night, recently, it was a neighborhood tom cat. One night last week it was a possum! A possumm!!! Last night? You won't believe what I had to chase away, not once, but TWICE!!! There were TWO raccoons in our back yard! The first time I came down they scooted under the fence. The second time they just ran around in the back yard while I beat on the back door and listened to Dot scream and growl at them, then they took off down the side the house towards the front. When I got to the front door to check on them one of them had climbed on top of the chain link fence and was just about to climb a big pine tree next door when he turned around and was like, "Hey, so you wanna come out and hang or something?" I tried beating on the front door, but he just looked at me. He wasn't phased a bit.

Poor Dot, she's so shaken up. I don't think she's ever seen folks like these. She's a city girl and these country folks showin' up at all hours of the night is just gettin' to her. . .and to me!!!

Pray for me and my neighbors. If things don't change soon, I'm gonna have to call the law on them or somethin'. Cause I need me some sleep!

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals