Don't Know What to Think!

Yesterday, Cindy called me on her way to her Bible study, here's kinda how the conversation went. . .
C: Do you have your bike with you?

M: No, why?

C: Then someone just stole it out of the garage.

M: What do you mean?

C: I opened the garage to go to my Bible study and remembered I forgot something, so I ran back in to the house. While I was in there, only for a few seconds, I heard a metal noise and when I got back to the garage your bike was gone! I ran out to the street to see if I could see someone, but I didn't see anyone.

M: (Just quiet)

I have to be honest, I didn't know what to think. My bike was gone. I've had this bike longer than I've lived in Lufkin and Saraland combined. I've had this bike longer than I've owned some cars and trucks. My 8-year old Specialized Allez Comp, with Ritchie head set and handlebars, Ultegra shifter/derailleur, and Look pedals was gone!! I had even put a new Cat Eye computer on it while I was riding in Saraland! It looked very much like this one. . .the seat and pedals were different, but the frame, headset, handlebars, cage were just like this one.

I was really looking forward to riding that bike this spring, summer, and fall. I couldn't wait!

That's not the only thing that ran through my mind, though. I thought of Cindy. She was just on the other side of the door from whoever stole my bike. She could have walked in on them. They could have come through the door. Who know what could happened! Yet, God answered my prayer from yesterday morning. I pray over and for Cindy every morning before I leave for the office. Yesterday I asked that God would make Himself known to her. He promised to be wtih her everyday and everywhere. . .I just wanted Cindy to feel God's presence. Yesterday, His presence protected her. Yeah, I lost a bike, but I still have my wife!

Then I thought of how I had been asking God to show me the bridge, or a bridge, He wanted me to build to a group in this community. When I was in Lufkin, my bike was the bridge. When I was in Saraland, my Harley was the bridge. Now what, Lord? I don't have either. What new bridge are you preparing me for?

I also thought about Paul's shipwreck and snake bite. I was reading Mark Batterson's Wild Goose Chase, and he shared how God uses "bad days" to do something that's not even on our radar. God used Paul's shipwreck to get him to the island of Malta. Then He used Paul's snake bite to get him an audience with the island's leader. Because of Paul's bad day, revival broke out on the island of Malta. So God, what are you up to? How are you going to use this bad day for the Kingdom of God?

This morning as I walked through each of these thoughts and to be completely honest, I still don't know what to think. My heart and my prayer is that God would use this situation to build our faith and our dependence on Him. My carnal side wants my bike back! Cindy's carnal side wants to go "southern girl" on somebody. That kinda scares me. . .a little. . .for them, of course. Last night I looked at the place where my bike had been wedged into the garage. It's still empty. My shoes, helmet, gloves, old tires, stand, pump, and all my accotraments are still there. . .just no bike, sadly to say.

So that's what I'm wrestling with.
Mike

Comments

Cindy said…
Im sorry baby! I know how much it meant to you. Funny thing is, they knew exactly what they were looking for. They could have gotten golf clubs or even a radio. The bike was all the way in the front of the garage, and you cant even see it with my car in there. They must have seen it before and must have been watching. Thats kinda scary too.

Thank you for praying for me! I am so thankful God has placed you in my life as a prayer warrior for me. Keep praying, because it seems that Satan is busy and will use all kinds of distractions against us! Take heart, we are following God's leadership.

Now.......let's go get some pepper spray and on guard! :)
Daniel said…
How big is water rowing where you live? Are there any rowing clubs?
MikeS said…
@Cindy - thanks for the support sweetie. I really appreciate it.

@Daniel - It's not very big out here, really. The Columbia River is pretty wild and the Willamette splits Portland so it's pretty busy with ships and the like.

But to be honest, I haven't really looked, either. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals