Overheard This Morning

This morning I escaped to the Jazzy Bagel in downtown Gresham. It's a bagel, but they have very strong coffee that tastes great. Anyway. . .I'm sitting there spending some time reading Os Chambers' My Utmost For His Highest and writing some thoughts down. While I'm pondering some thought from somewhere I overhear one of the older ladies in the booth next to me share with her friend, "If you want a better pastor you have to pray for him."

If she only new how true that is. Then I thought about some things we could pray for our pastors about. Here are a few things you could pray for to help him become a better pastor:
  • He would hear from God
  • God would raise up godly men and women to support him and help him lead the church
  • Personal time of refreshment and re-creation
  • Time to make his family a priority
  • Opportunities to build relationships with lost people - not just us church folks
  • A church that would be sensitive to his needs
  • Time away from the office to study, pray, and get away from the distractions of the office
  • More productive time while he's in the office
I'm sure you could think of a few things on your own. Let me encourage you to pray for your pastor today.

Keep praying for your pastor today!
Mike

Comments

Jonnea said…
Mike, Thank you for reminding us all to pray for our pastors. I often tend to pray for my immediate surroundings-family and close friends. I will commit to pray for my pastors on the matters you listed. God bless you.
Thanks again, Jonnea Rike
Becky said…
Mike,

Great post. Thank you for the reminder and applicable suggestions of how to follow through.

May God bless you as you continue.

Becky DelCarlo

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals