God's Little Reminders

Last night Cindy and I watched The End of the Spear. It's the story of 5 missionaries who were killed by the Waodani tribe of Ecuadorian natives while trying to reach an evangelize them. One of them was Jim Elliott.

Later, as I fell into bed I grabbed our devotional book, Voices of the Faithful. It's a compilation of devotions by Southern Baptist's international missionaries. I flipped to yesterday's devotion. The focus passage was Matthew 21:22 - "If you believe, you will received whatever you ask for in prayer." It was a great reminder of God's faithfulness.

You see, I struggle with trusting God sometimes. Maybe I'm the only one, but I do. And in my lack of trust I take control and I try to make things happen.

I trust God, but sometimes I try to take control of things. Last week I was awake at 2:45 and finally got up around 3:30 - yes, it was in the morning. I was wrestling with a ton of stuff - selling a car, motorcycle, house, finding a place to live in Gresham, getting the house packed, loading the trailer, driving 2,700 miles with two cats while towing a car - and yes, Cindy will be with us as well. You name it and it probably was running amok in my mind.

In the darkness I fell on my prayer alter - the couch in the living room - and confessed it all to God. I shared my struggles, my concerns, my stress, my frustration, and my lack of understanding. And in the midst of my "crying out to God" I heard the words "God will make a way." I can't explain the relief I received from those words.

Then to receive the reminder last night that if I believe that God is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do, then to believe and ask in prayer is simply an expression of true faith.

Thanks God. I really appreciate it.
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals