Control?

Now that all the election hype is over and now know that Obama will be our 44th President, I've noticed that among those who voted for McCain a bit of a struggle. I know because I'm wrestling with the same thing.

Yes, I voted for McCain/Palin. But this morning I find myself laboring with relinquishing my future to Obama/Biden.

Another thing I've noticed how many of my evangelical friends who also voted for McCain/Palin state that God is in control, though Obama won the election.

If you, like me, believe that God is truly in control then why are you still mad, upset, angry, frustrated, etc., etc., etc.? I ask that question because God asked me the same question this morning as I was running through my morning routine - yes, I talk to God while I'm picking up, showering, straightening things up, and checking email.

For those of you who, like me, may be struggling, then I'm just gonna tell you what God told me. If you believe God's in control, get over it. There's a lot more to life than an election. While it's a very important part of being an American, it's not all there is to live. And in God's sovereignty this election didn't catch Him by surprise. He wasn't blown away or frustrated by the outcome.

We still have lost people to reach, people who need to be ministered to, and a life to live in the freedom of Jesus Christ!

AND we have the awesome privilege of participating in the process without fear of persecution or retaliation.

What a country! What a God!
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
I heard someone say God did not die on election night... He is so right... God is still alive...He did not leave us and now more than ever we have to pray for the President of our Wonderful Country and all the people he elects to serve with him. What do you think?
Will the Christian be more on their knees, more in prayer, more involved...will they use God's plumb line for measuring?
love you
mom

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals