Weekend Wrap Up

Well, the weekend is over and it's time to get on with another week. Speaking of the weekend, here's my wrap up:
  • The Longhorns handily beat Missouri and are now #1 in the BCS standings. I'm not sure I like that since they still have to play Oklahome State and Texas Tech. A lot can happen over the next couple of weeks.
  • Boston pushed the ALCS to seven games, but that's as far as they could go. Tampa Bay won game seven and now head to the World Series to take on the Phillies. My mom's really excited - she was hoping the Rays would win and go to the World Series. Now she's pushing me to root for Tampa Bay. I'm an American League guy, so I'm probably going with the Rays.
  • Alabama Crimson Tide held off Mississippi and took the second spot in the BCS. It was pretty tight for a while, but the Tide held on to take the win. They, too, still have a pretty rough schedule with LSU and arch-rival Auburn.
  • Also went to Praise in the Park Saturday night. What a great crowd - about 5,00 people hanging out and listening to great Christian music. We were a little late, that put us in a place where we couldn't see or hear very well. So we just hung out with some friends. Still pretty cool time.
Had a very good day of Bible Study and worship. Cindy and I decided to take The Love Dare. We joined about 30-40 other husbands and wives for the first session. It was a lot of fun hearing from everyone. Thanks Matt for taking the lead.

Did you have a good weekend?

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are a good guy Michael Shipp to root for the RAYS!!!!
Vegas has them over the Phillies!!
I hope they gooooooooooo all the way....Win the title..
Get ready here they come!!!!
Tomorrow!!!! I can 't wait..
love you
MOM
MikeS said…
Yeah, I think I would like the Rays to win, but I'm just not into it like I was when the Dodgers and Red Sox were a part of the playoff picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals