Big Weekend Ahead!

This weekend is a big weekend for a couple reasons:
  1. Cindy and I leave Friday for Gresham, OR where we are going in view of a call to join the staff at Greater Gresham Baptist Church. Gresham is an eastern suburb of Portland. It's beautiful there and what a mission field. We can't wait to see Keith and the gang again and are really excited about getting to meet and share with more folks from Greater Gresham.
  2. Red River Shoot Out - It's probably the game of the week, if not the year. It's a long-time rivalry between University of Oklahoma Sooners and the University of Texas Longhorns. They traditionally play in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl. I grew up with this rivalry and since I'm a huge Longhorn fan. Both teams are undefeated and will probably determine the winner the Big 12's South Division. I CAN'T WAIT!!
Hook 'em Horns!!!!!

What are you looking forward to this weekend?


Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh My!!!!
Wish you were here. Jerry and I are going to the Fair Saturday, which is where the Cotton Bowl is located...It is an awesome day to be at the fair...you have never ever seen so much TEXAS ORANGE IN ONE PLACE...
GO LONGHORNS....HOOK'EM HORNS....
LOVE YA
MOM
MikeS said…
Mom - No doubt the Fair will be crazy. Be sure to wear some burnt orange for me!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals