2008 Summer Olympics

Been watching the summer Olympics? I have. I can't seem to get enough. I love sports and don't mind watching them. Heck, I'll even watch golf, if that tells you something. I love the Olympics because it's not just Americans competing against each other, but it's the entire world. All you have to do is qualify on behalf of your country and you get to participate! How cool is that?!

Besides that you get great stories like Michael Phelps - 11 Gold medals all time (more than any other athlete in history) and underdogs like the US' men's gymnastics team who comes from nowhere to earn a bronze.

Here are a few of my favorite sports to watch:
  • Swimming - I love swimming and participating in a few triathlons you learn to appreciate the skill, energy, and endurance it takes to be one of the best - if not the best.
  • Track & Field - ran track in high school and love to watch these athletes perform.
  • Volleyball - Indoor or outdoor, it doesn't matter.
  • Soccer - played it growing up in Italy and love to watch teams like Italy, Argentina, and Brazil - USA is right up there. . .always.
What's been your favorite story and/or what do you like to watch?

GO USA!

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
My favorite was watching the men's swim relay and the last fella pulled it out at the end! I thought he was going to come out of the water, like a sword fish!
I can't imagine having that much power.
Hope you enjoyed the Men of Valor Conference.
Pam
MikeS said…
Pam,

I'm with you. Though, ashamedly so, I had kinda given up on the US. Then the final swimmer started moving up, THEN it got exciting!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals