It;s Good to be Home

Cindy and I FINALLY got home late Saturday night/early Sunday morning - an entire day later than planned. I'll share more about that later. We've been spending the last couple of days trying to get our bearings straight. The only problem here is that many would say I've been missing some bearings for some time now, so I guess it will take me a little longer than others. :)

The trip was incredible. There were two churches (Church on the Eastern Shore and First Baptist North Mobile), 57 Americans, and 4 villages in two weeks. There were over 5,500 people who came through our medical clinics. We ran out of medicine twice. Cindy had over 900 children in the children's ministry she was coordinating. We had 80+ pastors/wives in our two pastor's conferences. And 23,502 people who prayed to receive Christ either through our evangelism rooms, Children's ministries, personal invitation via hut-to-hut evangelism, and the showing of the Jesus Film each night. God was amazing!

I'm still overwhelmed at what God will accomplish through us if we allow ourselves, our gifts, our passions, and our wills to be used by God.

One of those 23,000+ was a young Tanzanian named Victor. I ran across Victor on our last morning in Mwanza, Tanzania. I was up on the fifth floor of our hotel - an open air floor - where I had gone to spend some time with God in the quiet and coolness of the morning. Victor came by (he works for the hotel) and we began to discuss spiritual things. In short, I shared the gospel with him and through tears streaming down his face he prayed to accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.

It just goes to show you that just because the mission is over, doesn't mean it's over.

More to come.

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am so proud of both of you and yes God can work miracles through us when we allow him. Welcome Home
Michelle
Anonymous said…
What a might God we serve and the two you do it with such humility and love. God said, come follow me and you DID...
Welcome Home!!!
I missed you both.
Love
mom

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals