Stillness of the Morning

I don't have any loads to pick up today, but I still have yard work to do. As I was sitting, eating some breakfast, and reading I realized how quiet it is around here when I'm alone. The cats are playing, a car or two may occasionally drive down the street, and soft, muffled sound of Dakota's radio is playing in the background, but all in all, it's very still and quiet.

I don't have the roar of a Cummins Diesel engine, the sounds of construction crews or the rush of traffic vying for my attention or my hearing. It's just quiet. I have forgotten how wonderful quiet could be. I have forgotten how peaceful stillness can be. It won't last long. I have to go sit on a mower for about an hour and then rev up the old weed eater, edger, and blower. So it will be somewhat noisy for the next 2 and a half hours. But for now, I thank God for the stillness of the moment.

What are you thankful for today?

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals