Some Days are too Short

Yes, some days just don't last long enough. Yesterday was one of them.

It started with prayer at 6:00 am at the church - all the men of our church are invited to join our pastor to pray for needs in the church, our community, and our homes.

Bible study was cool. We discussed testing the spirits of false prophets.

Then I cheered/prayed for Cindy as she answered phones for the One80 Outdoor Show - yes, we have our own hunting and fishing show we show primarily on Sundays in 35 millions homes across the nation. When they call in to register for a free gun or bow we ask for permission to share the gospel with them and to date have had almost 800 people pray to receive Christ. Then we have a former pastor and missionary who searches out a church to disciple them.

It was a beautiful day to get outside - which we did. Yesterday afternoon after getting some things together for our Tanzania Missions Meeting, Cindy and I took Dakota for a walk. Wasn't far, but that's OK. Last week this time we thought the vet would recommend that we put her down. She was pretty sick. Now she's trying to keep up with us with a little pep in her step.

Then I get a call from Brandon - a long-time friend, fellow speaker, and founder of Brandon Mitchell Ministries. He's a lover of God and a gifted speaker - He happens to be in Gulfport, MS for a speaking engagement and looking to get together. Somehow - it must have been of God - I convince him to come to North Mobile. So we worshipped together, then we get to break some bread together, laugh and share stories with some other friends.

It was just a good day that could have gone a little longer. Loved seeing Brandon again, loved the day of worship and staying busy - usually I'm napping on Sunday afternoon. I went to bed tired, but wishing Brandon could have stayed longer, Cindy and I could have talked more after church, and I wasn't so tired. . .but it was a good tired.

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks so much for being my supporter. Thanks for staying after I begged you to because I was so nervous. I know you wanted to go answer phones yourself, but I really appreciate your help and support. I love you! Cindy

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals