In Search of the "God Particle"

Read an article this morning entitled 'God Particle' Expected to Be Found Soon. It's as much about physics as it is about God. As I was reading, though, I found some interesting quotes:

The new Geneva collider will re-create the rapidly changing conditions in the universe a split second after the Big Bang. It will be the closest that scientists have come to the event that they theorize was the beginning of the universe.

Nobel laureate Leon Lederman has dubbed the theoretical boson "the God particle" because its discovery could unify understanding of particle physics and help humans "know the mind of God."

The physics part I'll give them, but the God part. . .I don't know. What I'm gather from the article is that they hope to find out what it was like after the big bang? How do you discover something that never happened? Hhhmmmmm. . .

I find it fascinating that God says His thoughts and ways are above ours, yet for some strange reason we think we can "discover" the mind of God, like He's some cadaver on which we can experiment. I'm waiting to hear what they find.

What do you think about all this "mind of God" stuff?

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals