Life Verse

This past year God gave me a passage of Scripture that has become very significant as we continue to serve through ManHeart Ministries.

1 John 5:4-5
. . .for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

I just remember reading that and hearing God say, "Mike, you're not a victim, you are a victor. . .an overcomer. . .a conqueror!" It reminds me that when difficult times come and when Satan attacks I don't have to give in. Because I am a child of God through my faith and acceptance of Christ Jesus as my Lord and Savior I AM an overcomer. . .a conqueror. So, I don't have to live in defeat. I don't have to live my life moping around, hanging my head. I am a child of God and I have VICTORY!

That doesn't mean I won't get knocked around sometimes. It doesn't mean life won't be difficult. I will and it is. But I can hold my head up, push my chest out, and live like a conqueror!

Man, how many of us need to hear that every once in a while? Know someone - a spouse, parent, child, student, friend, pastor, teacher, boss. . . who needs to hear that message? Share it with them. It may just make a difference in their life.


So that's what I'm going to do. Well. . .I have been doing it. Maybe I should say that I will continue to do so in 2008.

What about you? Got a life verse that helps you get through difficult times and provides direction in life's confusion?


Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals