Christmas Trees Make a Difference

As I've mentioned before Cindy and I are in the process of moving her stuff to the house, and in the process making my house into our home. It's been difficult at times simply because I feel like I'm moving the same boxes from room to room and we're running out of storage space.

Yesterday, in the midst of putting some stuff up in the attic I pulled down the Christmas tree and my two boxes of ornaments and decorations. Last night we decorated the tree put and out what what we could with the space we have. Somehow, that tree with it's lights, decorations from two lives becoming one, and the little angel on top made a difference in me last night. For some reason it feels like Christmas to me. I can't explain it, it just does.

It helps that the weather has been December-like for lower Alabama. It's been in the 60's during the day and the 30's at night. The air is crisp and clean. I love it!! OK, so it's not 10" of snow and temps in the single digits like it is in Wisconsin where my fellow blogger and church planter Robert is - then again that's where he chose (ok, God chose) to plant a church.

I am enjoying this season more than usual. Can't exactly explain it. I just am.

Hope you are, too.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals