We're Back!

Cindy and I got back to Mobile about 1:00 pm on Friday. We spent our honeymoon in New York. It was incredible. We did so much and still didn't have enough time to do all that we wanted. That's OK - just gives us reasons to go back!

We did get to go up to the 86th floor of the Empire State Building just after the sun had set. On the city side were lights - and lots of them - on the south side was the fading orange of a setting sun.

Went to the WTC memorial site. It was a very quiet and somber experience. One thought kept coming back to me, "Would I risk my life without question for people I don't even know?" Many people did.

Saw Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty - you need a pass to go up inside the statue. Thanks to the National Parks officer who "happen" to have two passes he wasn't using. We had to wait an 1.5 hours after we bought our tickets to get on the boat to go to Liberty Island.

Saw the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. . .in person. We got to 75th and Central Park West at 7:00 am and was definitely a little late on getting there. Still had great place to watch the parade. Not much on all the crowding, but we had a good time. It was kinda weird to see the parade in person then go back to the hotel to watch the finish.

Went shopping. . .of course.

Took a bicycle taxi trip around Central Park one evening. A little conversation + a blanket + my sweetie = romantic evening.

Went to Grand Central Station and ate at Cipriani Dolci. It was really good. It topped off a great evening.

Last night there went to Carnegie Deli - home of the biggest stinkin' sandwiches in the world. If you go to NY, you've got to go to Carnegie Deli and see what I mean.

=======================================

A couple of things to remember about your honeymoon:
  1. Flying first class is a plus. Catching a 7:00 am flight out of La Guardia to come home is not.
  2. Quaint little hotel off the beaten path 2 blocks from Central Park is a plus. Getting a room with a double bed, night stand, tv, sink, and no bathroom (had community bathroom) is not - will write about this later.
  3. Learning the subway system & $2 rides is a plus. Missing out on experiencing the thrill of a taxi ride in NY is not.
  4. Seeing Ellis Island and Statue of Liberty is a plus. Taking two trips to do it is not.
  5. Experiencing the pleasure of multiple cultures and ethnicities is a plus. Having to go to the north east to do so is not.
I'll have pics for you later and more stories.

=======================================

So where are we and what we up to now? Great questions. We are at my house and in the process of making room for all of our stuff. Making decisions on what to keep and what to get rid of. Cleaning out closets. Moving Cindy's stuff up to the house. Turning "my" house into "our" house. Trying to get organized and caught up. Introducing Dot the cat to Lucy, Ranger, Dakota, and Sadie.

This morning I got up with Cindy. She has a routine that helps her get ready and out the door to get to school on time. So. . .being a man who wants to be a helping husband I got up to help her. Made coffee and her a smoothie. Prayed for her. Helped her get her stuff to and into the car and sent her down the road. Oh. . .it was 7:00 AM!! I can't remember the last time I was up that early. Man!

Well. . .hope that gets you caught up. I've got to go and get to work.

Mike

Comments

Mrs. Doris Lynn said…
Thanks for the update. Cindy just sent me some pictures. You look happy again. I haven't seen that bright smile and those sparkling eyes in a few years. I am soooo happy for you and Cindy.
Anonymous said…
Hello Mike and Cindy! Congrats. I am so happy that you have found love. Cindy and Mike, I hope you have every happiness. Bless you both. Tammy and Will Christie
Unknown said…
sounds lovely - except for the bathroom sharing part. ;-)
isn't NY the best???

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals