Have to Fire My Secretary

It's going to be tough, but I'm pretty sure I'm firing my secretary today. I've thought long and hard about this weekend and realized I didn't do the due diligence I should have up front and now I'm having to let them go. Let me tell you why.

As you may know I was back in Texas leading a Men's Retreat for Atascocita Community Church. As was their responsibility my secretary made my flight arrangements - because of cost I would be leaving out of New Orleans and flying into Houston's Bush Intercontinental Airport on the north side of Houston. Everything's cool so far. It's just a 2-2 1/2 hour drive to New Orleans International Airport. No big thing. I've done it before.

The big thing was that my return flight was booked for 10:55 PM on Sunday. Which meant I would be getting into New Orleans about 12:45 AM Monday morning, plus the drive home. When I confronted them about it, all they could say was that when they originally booked the flight they thought it was 10:55 AM and that would put me back in Mobile in the early afternoon. AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!

Fortunately, I was able to reschedule my flight to an earlier one and get the Mobile by 3:15 PM on Sunday. That worked out just fine.

Additionally, my secretary doesn't file like they should, doesn't keep up with expenses like I've asked them to, and doesn't remind me of upcoming appointments so sometimes I'm running late. They do work pretty cheap which is a huge bonus when you are starting a new ministry.

Now I must let them go. Pray for me as I have to do the hardest thing I think I ever done as a boss.

I've got to do a better job next time during the interview process. Probably should check out their references as well. Can't, or shouldn't, hire them just because they are cheap.

By the way, has anyone ever fired themselves? I'm a horrible secretary.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals