Boston's Up 3-0

Well, sports fans, the Red Sox did it again, they beat the Colorado Rockies, making it 3 games for the Sox and 0 for the Rox. And the hero of the game, in my lowly opinion? Dice K!! Any surprise? Actually, I'm sure there are a lot of us who are surprised. Dice K was supposed to be hittable, at least that what I've read and heard from Rox fans.

I've also heard from Rockies' fans how much they couldn't wait to get past Josh Beckett and get back to Coors Field. Now you guys have done both and have yet to post one in the win column. Last night, as I recall, Dice K held the Rockies to 2 runs. It was the bull pen who gave up a 3-run homer (yes, both the guys on the bases were Dice K's responsibility, but a reliever is not supposed to give up a first pitch homer to the guy with a a.340 batting average, the best in the NL). NOW will you stop giving the Red Sox starters such a hard time? Then again, I guess you need all the mental confidence you can muster, eh?

I do have to give the Rox their props. When they were down 6, they didn't roll over and die. They fought back. With some good wood they reduced their 6-run deficit to 1. And I honestly thought the tide of momentum had shifted and the Rockies were on their way to a win. Way to go Rockies!! Way to go Rockies' fans. They didn't give up on their team last night. They encouraged and supported them, even when they were down, and that's what fans do. Way to go fans.

I also have to give it up to the red stockings. They didn't crumble as in days gone by. The hung in there and fought back scoring 4 more runs in the 8th and 9th innings to bring home the win.

I guess tonight it could all be over. Then again, it may not. It could just be starting. We'll see.

GO SOX!!!

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals