Portable Sounds Tour Summary

Last night some of us joined a whole bunch of others for the kickoff of Toby Mac's Portable Sounds tour - including Thousand Foot Crutch and Barlow Girl. It was a night of energy and worship in a unique way.

Thousand Foot Crutch got us started - right on time I might add. I like it when artists start on time. We started out in the balcony, but the sound really sucked up there. All the vocals were pointed towards the floor. Once we made the move to the floor it was much better. This Toronto-based band put on a good show. Didn't really know what to expect since I haven't heard much of their stuff before, but they got the crowd going and into the concert. They were a great kickoff act. Their music was tight and very sharp. No loose ends here.

After a brief stage update Barlow Girl jumped in. Didn't know much about them except what I heard on the radio, But, this three-sister act rocks! Not only can they sing, but they can stinkin' play. Their drummer didn't tip-tap on the drums, she banged them puppies like any guy rocker could or would do. I loved their testimony to purity, conservative dress - they feel they don't need to show their bodies to draw attention to themselves - and to waiting on God for their husband - they testified to pursuing God with all their heart and waiting on Him to provide their husbands. I love that. Hope it encouraged the girls in the crowd.

Finally, Toby Mac and the Diverse City Band took the stage. High energy, fun, loud, lovin' what they're doing, all describe their show. All I know is that I was exhausted when I left. I didn't know this was the kickoff to the Portable Sounds Tour until they told us. Irregardless, it was simply amazing. From their instrumentalist to the constantly moving singers it was non-stop the entire time. With their combination of rock, rap, hip-hop, r&b, and a mix of various other styles Toby Mac and his group was locked and loaded for the show.

If you get a chance to see this show don't hesitate to go. All I know is that I am still worn out. My buddy, Ricky, was still excited this morning when we had breakfast. Loved it, hope you do too.

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals