Last Night in My Bed

Last night was the last night in my bed. I'm selling it today. I had an estate sale and a couple wanted it, so I'm delivering it to them and collecting the money. To be honest, I could really use the money.

Last night I laid there and thought about the night I shared with Karen how I felt God calling me into full-time ministry. It's where God confirmed that calling through Karen that night. I thought about the late nights I would lie there reading books - for school and seminary. Memories came to mind of how I, when I was in the corporate world, would keep a pad and pen beside that very bed to write down solutions to problems that would come to me while I slept at night. I remember late night talks with Karen in that bed - mainly because it was dark, quiet, and I'm A.D.D. so. . .no distractions made for better conversations. I remember reading to her from a book that became one of her favorites - Bruce & Stan's God is in the Small Stuff. . .And it all Matters while she was struggling with cancer.

Then again, it's just a bed and my memories aren't in the bed. . .they're in my heart and mind. I can always recall them again if I like. I don't need a bed to do that, eh?

Well. . .coffee's waiting and I've got to go deliver a bed this morning.

Tootles,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals