Mission Trip Prep

Some of you may know that in June I will be leaving for a 2-week mission trip to Tanzania, Africa. I will be serving alongside a couple of pastors as we have the privilege of ministering to the pastors of the area where we will be serving. I'm not quite sure where that will be yet. Plans are still being made.

I've had to start the prep work - shots, additional medication, stuff for the field, just imagine me in the wilderness with no showers for 3-4 days at a time. Got it, now I need stuff to take the place of showers.

Yesterday, I took another big step in the prep work, I purchased a new backpack. It's not like I will be using it as my main bag - we have footlockers for that - so I didn't need an expedition size backpack. The purpose of this backpack is to carry on the plane with me while complying with certain size and weight regulations to get all the way to Tanzania with me. In it I have to carry an extra set of clothes, toiletries, books, travel necessities, medications, electronics, etc., just in case my footlocker doesn't make it to Tanzania for some reason.

With all this in mind I set out to find one that I could take with me to Africa and double as a pack for camps, retreats, trips, etc. This is what I decided upon - Gregory's Z-55.


It's light, easy to fit, has both top and side access, really deep space to pack stuff, and provides great access to smaller things - pens, journals, iPod, etc. Since it only weighs something like 3 lbs, 5 oz I can get more in it and still meet the weight specs!! YEA!!!

Now I just need to find a really lightweight and warm fleece jacket. I lost my last one. I'm hoping I can find one on sale since it's like the middle of spring and about to be summer.

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
I cannot believe you wrote in your blog about your backpack.

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals