Shots

Well. . .I did it. I got Hep A&B, Yellow Fever, and Tetanus shots today. My arms are sore and I'm pretty much dreading heading back the the Mobile Health Department to get additional rounds of Hep A&B.

I called them yesterday and asked the lady who answered how to get there? The conversation went something like this

Lady: Which way are you coming?

MS: I'm coming from Saraland down I-65.

Lady: Exit Government. Go towards downtown until you see a Popeye's Chicken. Just past the Popeye's watch for a sign.

MS: Oh yeah, I know where that Popeye's is. Thanks.

Hey lady, there's 2 Popeye's Chicken restaurants on Government. You're not on Government towards downtown. You are downtown. What took almost 30 minutes to find would have taken about 10-15 minutes if she would have said, "Take The Connector (I-165 connects I-65 north of Mobile to downtown - 5 miles and you're there), go to Government and follow the signs." She could have even given me the street and cross street, almost anything would have been better than what she gave me.

Then, if that wasn't bad enough, it was pre-school registration and shot week. That meant that every mom with a baby was in today. It didn't help that there was a tornado warning this morning and everyone had to get into the halls. That put them behind and working really hard to catch up.

I do have to admit that the lady giving me my shots was one of the sweetest ladies and the best shot giver I think I've ever met. I mean, my arm hurt worse after the shots that when I was getting them. I never felt a needle. And I've had many shot in my day - Dad was in the Navy and we had to move every 2-3 years, requiring us to get a whole new series of shots every time we moved. So to the lady that was so gentle and sweet - may God truly bless you today!

Gotta go, my arm's are getting tired.

Mike

Comments

kris said…
owwwww.
when do you go???
MikeS said…
Kris

I leave on Sunday, June 17th and get home on Friday, June 29th.

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals