Pet Peeve. . .again

I realized another pet peeve of mine this morning as I was running around the office trying to get things started. Fridays is usually my "print all the stuff for Sunday" day since I am usually one of the only pastors here on Fridays. It's cool, because we usually get a lot accomplished and without the interruptions we normally have Mon-Wed. I can also concentrate on evaluation and planning. It's just the way I work, I guess.

Annnyyyywwwaaayyy. . .sorry, A.D.D. kicked in. Need to chase that rabbit down, kill it, skin it, eat it and move on. Back to my pet peeve. So I'm running around the office trying to get stuff going. I, in my usual manner, start a pot of coffee. I hear the little beep that tells me a steaming pot of Starbucks coffee awaits me! Yea!!! I pick up the pot and what do I see floating in my precious concoction?! C-O-F-F-E-E G-R-O-U-N-D-S!!! AHHHGGGGG!!!!!! I am anal when it comes to making sure the sides of the filter are up and there's no chance that they will fold over in the brewing of my special sauce of sunrise. I guess, even though I checked, in the rush of things this morning I missed the one teensy - tinsy chance the filter could fold over and grounds could, and would, invade my blissful bounty of bean nectar. Well. . .that chance happened and they did. Now I'm sipping my coffee and hoping I don't feel a ground on my lips.

I'm sure I'll need therapy, but I'll get over it.

Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
I need to get you a state of the art lip filtered coffee mug and ship it to you pronto!
MikeS said…
Stace - you would be my hero, bro!

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals