Ohhhh Baby!

Well. . . (I think - subconsciously of course - this has become my favorite way to start a blog) tonight and tomorrow are huge for me. Those of you keeping up with my schedule - and if you are would you let me know what else I'm supposed to be doing, I get lost and need a little help from time to time - know that tonight is the How Great is Our God tour with Chris Tomlin, Louie Giglio, and Matt Redman. Doors open at 6:00 concert begins at 7:00 - I'll be there!

I guess that's why I'm looking so much to going tonight and tomorrow. Tomlin was probably Karen's favorite worship singer/writer. One of all-time faves was How Great is Our God. I can still picture it - me looking over my right shoulder at her with her cool little skull-cap on, eyes closed, just singing her little heart out to her God. This is probably one of my most special memories of her.



I remember buying Tomlin's Arriving CD. Karen was always getting on to me for buying more CDs and books. The day I bought it we went to lunch and I had the CD in the player listening. . .singing along. She asked me about the CD with a very suspicious eye. I told her I bought it for her and was just listening to it. OK, so I wasn't completely honest. I just didn't want her to get mad at me. That seemed to suffice her. Then when I dropped her off at her car or the house or somewhere she asked me for HER CD. STINK!! I gave it to her and went and bought my own copy. I still smile at her unknowingly out-witting me.

THEN. . .I head to the beautiful state of Colorado for a few days with Grant, Amy, and the rest of the English clan. Can't wait. I'm so looking forward to getting out of town, breathing the heavenly air of Colorado, and hang with someone I greatly respect - yeah, Grant will be there too :).

==========================================

Ever have those times in your life where you're busy - it's a good busy, things are getting done, no wheel-spinning here - but the busyness of everything is just taking a toll on you? You know. . .mentally you're just not as sharp. Relationally you just want to hang with a few people. Physically you just want to rest or go do something that totally refreshes you - like riding your motorcycle - OK, that just may be me. Now you know what I'm feeling. That's me. I feel like my mental, relational, emotional, physical, and to some extent my spiritual batteries are quickly draining. It's not all bad. I see results, but, again, the busyness of everything is just wearing on me.

So, after about 5:30 this evening - I'm outa here! Will probably post some while I'm away. But if not at least you know why.

Later 'Gator,
Mike

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey buggy, have a great time as you open up the throttle a little on your life's schedule these next few daze and soak up every moment. Afterall, you are soaking up life at 100 mph. It's what you were born to do, so go for it...!!

I love ya Mike

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals