Mike and Organization

Mike and organization is, from my perspective, and oxymoron. There are a lot of people who think I'm so organized. I've even had people ask, "Mike, how do you stay so organized?" (sound like a commercial doesn't it?) I have them so fooled. I'm not really organized. To tell you the truth I become very overwhelmed with a lot of details. That's one of the reasons why I keep a day planner with me just about everywhere I go. If I don't write it down it probably won't happen. When I first got my driver's license and would run to the store to pick up stuff for dinner I would have to write everything down or I would forget something, even if it was just two things like milk and bread.

I think it has to do with my A.D.D. - I would get distracted, start talking to someone I know, and forget what it I went to pick up for dinner. Now, I'm not one of those OCD people who think they have to write everything down just so they can check it off of their list, even if they've already completed a task. That's just weird to me. If it's done, it's done. Why would you have to write it down? Oh well, that's someone else's problem.

I am somewhat organized. I do file - file by pile that is. It's dangerous, but it works for me. So. . .if you come into my office DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT touch, move, or re-arrange my piles. I know what's in each of them and why they are there. So don't touch them. If you do I will pull a Jack Bauer on you! And we all now you do not want that kind of whoopin'.

So what does the rantings of an A.D.D., sometimes organized person have to do with anything? Good question. I'm so overwhelmed right now that I just don't know where to start. Here's just a sample of what's on my plate
I don't think I've left anything off the list, but it is certainly possible. Now you see why I have to write everything down. All I need is one teensy-tinsy interruption and I'm a goner. Nothing will get done, or very little at best.

And what am I doing? I'm sitting in my big, soft, purple chair writing this thing! Oh to be Mike and to be organized - or at least wish to be organized.

May God order your steps today. :)

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals