Greatest Sounds

Undoubtedly, life is full of great sounds:
  • A newborn's first cry
  • A spouse's "I love you."
  • The waves as they lap of the sand at sunrise - or sunset, your preference
  • The wind as it blows through snow laden trees in the Rockies
  • The announcement, "Honey, I'm home!"
  • The breeze in your ear as you fly down the road, pedaling the miles away
Then there's the sound the motor of a Harley-Davidson makes. It's unique - as a matter of fact H-D has attempted to trademark the sound of their engines. Like I said, it's unique. It's part of who they are and what makes a Harley a Harley.

This morning I enjoyed that sound. Why? I finished getting the front brake line on last night, thanks to my friend Tom. This morning I put the key in and after some warming up and a few failed attempts to start the motor came to life. It spit and sputtered for a few moments - it has been a while since I fired her up - but then began running smooth as buttah! It's one of those sounds that once it gets in your head you can't get rid of. It's a sound that says the world is right again. OK - maybe it's not that good, but it's nice.

What's your great sound?

Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals