Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

Who came up with that phrase? I said it the other day at church and it struck me funny. Isn't my happiness based on circumstances - I'm happy 'till I slam my finger in the door. Ain't happy any more. So how long do you think most people will be happy? Are they happy until they begin getting the bills from Christmas? Are they happy until the beer runs out or their favorite football team looses? Are they happy until they have to go back to work? Are they happy until they realize that the guests they have been hosting has out-stayed their welcome?

Being a believer, I rest in my joy. For my joy is internal and eternal. My joy is founded in my relationship with Jesus Christ. And if He will never leave me, nor forsake me, then I know I can never loose my joy. It's not circumstantial. This got me to thinking. . . hmmmmm. And I am now on a campaign to change Happy New Year to Joyous New Year! Maybe it will stick, maybe it won't. Regardless I think I will do my best to spread the joy, rather than the happiness.

Then again. . .maybe, in the words of Styx, I just have too much time on my hands.

Joyous New Year!
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals