Word of the Day - Faith

Ok, so I'm about to date myself here. Some of you remember way back in the 80s when there was this thing called "Word of the Day." It about learning and using "power words" to get ahead in the world. You can still get a word for the day, or even power words for the day. I even found out you can get cool words for the day.

This morning as I was doing my study time - yes I actually got up at the time I usually get up so I could do all the stuff I usually do in the morning (see yesterday's post). In my quiet time I'm going through Max Lucado's study, Experiencing the Heart of Jesus. This morning it's on faith. The word of the day is FAITH. Max makes several good statements about faith:
  • Faith is the conviction that Jesus can and a hope that He will.
  • Faith is not (my emphasis) the belief that God will do what you want, but that He will do what is right.
  • Faith is the belief that God is real and God is good.
As I pondered and journaled about faith - my faith - I thought how easy it is to have "faith" when everything seems to be going as planned - our plans. But throw a monkey wrench into things. . .experience some tough times. . .watch our plans become a disarray of wishes and watch what happens to our faith. It's in these tougher and more difficult times that our faith should grow - and does grow if we allow it to. Faith moves us forward. Faith keeps us from being stuck.

Somehow, I think that faith ought to be easier in difficult situations. Don't you? Think about how desperate we become. Shouldn't that be our first inclination - trust God? Should be, but I don't think it is.

So! As we are about to embark on another year are you willing to trust God for what is right? You willing to believe He can and hope that He will?

I, like many of you, want to. I have in the past and hope to in the future.

Have Faith
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals