My First Christmas Tree

It's not really my first Christmas tree. It's just the first one I've ever purchased on my own. As a matter of fact, it's the first one I've had input on since 1984 - Karen's and my first Christmas. I found pictures of that one the other day. It was pretty pitifull. It was a display model and we bought it lights and all. The lights were outdoor lights. . . I think. Imagine that in a little living room!

After Karen passed away I gave away all the Christmas trees and most of the decorations. She would put a tree of some sort in every room. Plus house decorations. I'm sure you could imagine the amount of stuff we would haul out every year.

Now I have a couple of boxes of Christmas tree ornaments and a few decorations. So last Thursday I went to Wal-Mart and bought a tree - pre-lit. Now, let me tell you, that's the way to go. Karen would probably be rolling her eyes at me if she knew I wasn't hand wrapping each of the branches with a bajillion lights.

On Saturday I finally got around to decorating the tree and putting a few other things around the house.

Here's some pictures of the tree and a few of the meaningful ornaments.



This is the Christmas tree top - caught the card and the Christmas nail (just below the card)





















Here's a couple of my Starbucks ornaments.































These are kind of special -

This first one is two ornaments that Karen had made. One has my name on it and the other her name.















This next one is from our first Christmas together















I have some pics of the tree, but they didn't turn out so well. I'll have to retake them and show you guys what it looks like.

Mike

Comments

faithrunner said…
I am sharing your memories of Christmas and Karen with you. God blessed you big with her life.

Hope to see you when you come to Big D next week. I'll call.

running with you

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals