Baby It's Cold Outside. . .

One of Karen's favorite songs was Baby, It's Cold Outside with Louis Armstrong and Velma Middleton. She loved that song, especially when it would turn cold.

Well guess what. . .Baby, it's cold outside. This morning it was 27-degrees when I left the house at around 8 0'clockish. Now for some of you, you're thinking, "Get a grip. That ain't cold." But for Lower Alabama that's cold. For a place that doesn't require a sweater in the winter that's cold. For a place where people are still wearing shorts and flip-flops, that's cold. Wouldn't suggest wearing shorts today, eh?

I love it. I miss the cold of the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I miss putting on sweaters and sweatshirts. I love going out in the morning and seeing your breath in the cool of the morning. I miss taking a walk in the brisk of the evening. I miss needing wood for the fireplace and cuddling up on the couch with a blanket a good book or movie.

It just doesn't seem right to wear shorts, t-shirts, and Crocs during the winter. At least it doesn't seem right to me. So, bring it on Old Man Winter. Bring on the northern breeze, the cool sunshine, and the great weather that says, "Hey Y'all!! It's Winter Time!" Oh yeah, Old Man Winter's from the south in case you were wondering. He loves the cooler temps as well.

Loving the Lower Temps,
Mike

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camp is Good!

Question for You

Favorite Cereals